Music Theory Southeast (MTSE) is a regional society whose primary goal is to foster the discipline of music theory throughout the region which includes the states of Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina.
- To provide a forum for the exchange of information and ideas pertaining to music theory and its teaching, especially among music theorists residing or teaching in the Southeastern region
- To conduct meetings which may include the presentation of papers, panel discussions, workshops, the performance of music, and the exhibition of published materials
- To encourage the highest standards of research and creativity in music theory
- To encourage the highest standards in the teaching of music theory
- To provide a contact for students and young professionals with the music theory community
- To publish a newsletter, announcements of meetings and calls for papers, or other appropriate materials
- And, recognizing music theory as a distinct discipline but yet not separable from other aspects of music, to advocate and uphold the highest standards of musicianship in all types and at all levels of music making
MTSE meets each Spring on various campuses within its region. On March 2-3, 2017, the MTSE conference will meet at the University of South Carolina in Columbia, SC. More details regarding the 2018 meeting will posted as they become available.
Check back for updates on the call for papers and other information.